Ask ScooterDad: I am buying HiC bars but i have IHC forks, do i need to get new forks as mine came with envy kos 2013 complete or can i just put the bars on the IHC forks as is

Submitter's Name: 
Submitter's Location: 
Auckland, New Zealand

If you have IHC forks and you want to use oversized bars, you'll need to replace the fork with a standard (non-IHC) fork. You'll also need to do one of two things:

  • Use HIC compression with a slit in your bars and an oversized clamp


  • Use full-size SCS compression that can accomodate oversized bars WITHOUT a slit

While some people may tell you that you can add a shim to make your IHC fork work with HIC or SCS, you should not use that as too many shims will make the system unstable.