Ask ScooterDad: Hey scooter dad I have hic compression but I want to switch to scs how do I do it do I just need to buy a scs clamp that can fit oversized bars

Submitter's Name: 
Nikki Lopez
Submitter's Location: 
Dalhart, Texas

If you have oversized bars already and you don't want to buy new standard diameter bars, then you need to buy a full-size SCS that can work with oversized bars. The good news is that full-size SCS clamps usually come with a shim in case you ever want to switch to standard diameter bars. The only other thing you will need to do is cut the slit off your bars. You'll lose some bar height when you do this, but the SCS will raise them 1.5-2 inches, so it should be fine.